AUDITION TO JOIN Guatù - The Orlando Bachata Team!
After 2 years of cross-training in a variety of movement (Argentine Tango, gymnastics, West Coast Swing, acrobatics, Mambo) Guatù director, Tate Lydia, is once again leading a group of fun, dedicated, adults to attain higher levels of learning.
Team members may select the level of learning they desire based on amount of time invested in the team. Months 1-3 are required. Performing is NOT a requirement.
Months 1-3: TECHNIQUE Training
Months 3-6: CHOREOGRAPHY Training
Months 6-9: PERFORMING = co-ed bachata routine
*Experienced Dancers Only, First-Time Bachata Dancers Need Not Apply*
Why Is An Audition REQUIRED?
1. Provides prospective team members with important information regarding the team mission, expectations, goals, time and financial requirements.
2. Gives the director an opportunity to interview potential team members, to ensure a good match is being created.
3. Allows the director to see how well a potential team member executes movement and displays personality within a short choreographed segment.
- Comfortable shoes, Water, Towel
- Flavorful attitude / Unique personality
Rehearsals will be every Tuesday & Thursday from 8-10pm
Tuition is $210 per 3 month semester or $75 per month (less than $5 per hour)
Membership in another dance team, other than bachata, is permitted.
Taking dance lessons in any genre is encouraged!